Citizen of Georgia
Temporarily leaves Georgian territoryand enters Georgia with Georgian passport or relevant travel document. Visa for destination state is obligatory in case of visa regime.
- Children under 16, disabled person temporarily leavingGeorgian territory with the Georgian passport and legally authorized accompanying person (legal representation should be submitted based on birth certificate or other relevant document) or the permission of one of his/her legally authorized representative and with accompaniment of adult person with legal capacity.
- Citizen of age16-18, in case he/she is not legally married temporarily leaves Georgia with Georgian passport and with notarized permission for leaving the country.
- Under age foreign citizen (according the relevant state legislation) are crossing state border by passport or birth certificate and with the assignment of accompanying person (with photo).
- Foreign citizen traveling from Georgia to third country should pass Georgian border with the documents he/she entered Georgia.
- Foreign citizen who were rejected to receive visa on Georgian border crossing point should be sent back.
List of the countries whose citizens do not need a visa to enter and stay on the territory of Georgia for 360 days
Border crossing by vehicle:
When crossing the border by means of vehicle as well as travel documents, person must submit:
• Driving license of that category of vehicle that is driven by a person
• Vehicle registration certificate
• The document certifying the ownership of a vehicle to the person (if this condition is not confirmed by vehicle registration certificate.)
If foreigner leaves the territory of Georgia in 10 days after expiration of period of legal stay, he will not be subject to administrative liability in the form of penalty.
Foreigner, who is in Georgia and wants to leave the country by her/his own will, after 10 days from expiration of period of legal stay has a right to leave the territory of Georgia without any impediment. Herewith, she/he is obliged to pay defined amount of penalty, before or after the leaving of country:
• The presence of foreigner in the territory of Georgia during 3 month after expiration of period of legal stay will born penalty in the amount of GEL 180.
• The presence of foreigner in the territory of Georgia more than 3 month after expiration of period of legal stay will born penalty in the amount of GEL 360.
• In case of non-payment of penalty amount, she/he will not be granted visa to Georgia and permit for entering Georgia until she/he covers the debt.
• Persons under the age of 16 shall not be subject to penalty.
Movement of the goods
Movement of the goods on the border, by natural person
The following type of productof natural person is exempted from duties:
Import of the food productsin amount of GEL 500 up to a total of 30kg once, in a calendar day (These goods must not be intended for economic activity and belonging to 02, 04, 06-12, 15-21 groups and 0302-0307, 2201-2202 commodity codes of Foreign Economic Activity of national commodity nomenclature).
Import of thegoodsin amount of GEL 500 up to a total of 30kg once, in 30 calendar day (These goods must not be intended for economic activity and belonging to 02, 04, 06-12, 15-21 groups of Foreign Economic Activity of national commodity nomenclature).
In case of entry on air transport the import of the goods, not intended for economic activity, corresponding to groups 28-97 of Foreign Economic Activity of national commodity nomenclature with up to Gel 3000 up to 30kg total weight.
The import of following type of products is exempted in case of entry on air transport in a calendar day and in other cases in 30 calendar day.
• Import of 400 cigarettes or 50 cigars or 50 cigarillos or 250 gr of other tobacco products (besides tobacco row materials) of import of 250gr of above-mentioned tobacco products within this marginal amount;
• Import of 4 liters of alcoholic beverages;
• Import or export of any amount of currency is exempted from duties.
Goods, subject to declaration:
• Goods for economic activity with more amount than uncharged amount and cost;
• Weapons or explosive materials; Drug or psychotropic substances;Antique or a piece of art; Toxic substance; Plants and animals (their parts and products made from them); High-frequency radio equipment and communication devices; Radioactive material (This type of products requires the appropriate certificate/permit).
• Cash ( national or foreign currency), cheques and other securities, with cumulative nominal value is up to GEL 30 000 or its equivalent in other currency.