Georgian International Road Carriers Association “GIRCA” is a non-profit, voluntary union of commercial organizations and private entrepreneurs performing goods and/ or passenger transportation by motor vehicles, as well as other organizations wishing to facilitate the development of the mentioned transport operations.
“GIRCA” was established on March 31, 1992 on the initiative of 14 road transport enterprises. Presently GIRCA unifies over 300 road transport companies. In 1993 GIRCA has joined International Road Transport Union (IRU, Switzerland).
Since 1995 performs the function of TIR guaranteeing association on the territory of Georgia and authorized to issue TIR Carnets.
Activities of GIRCA are directed towards:
- Facilitation of development of road transportation of goods and passenger, including international transportation;
- Facilitation of complex protection of the interests of road carriers, their provision with information as well as consulting services;
- Facilitation of modernization of the fleet of goods and passenger vehicles of the carriers;
- Organization of professional training and re-training of specialists, drivers, performing road transportation of goods and passengers, including international transportation;
- Conducting of scientific research activities in the sphere of international road transportation;
- Development of recommendations on the rules, regulating road transportation, including international transportation of goods and passengers and implementation of the policy of observance of the terms of fair private competition on the market of transport services by international carriers.
THE GENERAL MEETING
The Superior body of the Association is the General Meeting of the “GIRCA” members. The General Meeting is held at least once a year. The initiators of holding the Meeting may be not less than 2/3 of the Association “GIRCA” active members, the Board , the Association President or Audit Commission
The Board is a Body for the Association administration between the General Meetings. The Board of sessions are held when it is necessary, but at least 2 time a year. Board members elect by the General Meeting of the GIRCA members for the term of 5 years.
President Dr. Alexander Chkheidze
Secretary General Dr. Gia Tsipuria